“Celebrate the art of the bird”
“Observing the life of birds in my garden over the past 6 months during lockdown has been a source of joy. Birds enrich our lives with their beauty, their songs, their critical role in the web of life.
Tragically, we know that tens of thousands of birds were killed in the bushfires which ravaged our country last summer and the habitat of many more is under constant threat, with numerous species pushed to the brink of extinction”
Let’s celebrate our appreciation of birds by capturing something of their presence in our artworks in any way you like.
Some ideas you may like to use as a starting point :
* Work from life or photographs to study a bird’s form, feathers & character
* Place the bird within a setting – landscape, portrait or still life
* Design a stylised bookplate motif using your favourite bird
* Create a visual catalogue of birds which visit your garden or balcony
* Use a favourite bird patterning & colours as the inspiration
for an abstract work
In addition, National Bird Week runs from 19 – 25 October 2020. You can click on this link at Birdlife Australia for more info, to develop your understanding of local birds and to get to know the wildlife that’s on your doorstop. https://aussiebirdcount.org.au
Enjoy creating some fabulous artworks using our beautiful birds as inspiration!“
– Submissions due via email by midnight Sunday 18th October
– Create a new piece or use one from your own collection
– There is no limit to the number of works you can submit using the email link below.
– Submitted works will be posted on our website gallery and also on our social media accounts.
Enjoy our slide show